All I Ever Wanted...


 
 
All I ever wanted my whole life is to be loved and accepted for who I am. Isn't that what we all want? To know that we are loved and accepted despite our flaws, our failings and our personal imperfections? We've wanted unconditional love and acceptance since we were in our mother's womb.

But many of us have never felt loved and accepted for who we are. And sometimes we wonder if the people who do say they love us are only loving us because of what we do for them, what we do to please them, or to get something they want from us; as opposed to loving us exactly for who we are-- for simply being our God-given selves.

I want to be loved and accepted for who I am, flaws and all. I know that love and acceptance of me has to begin with me. That's what recovery is all about: reclaiming, accepting and loving our true selves. And through recovery, I have certainly learned to accept and love myself much better-- not perfectly-- but much better than I did before recovery.

But I also want to be truly loved and accepted for simply being who I am by someone else in this world. Something that I have yet to experience in my heart. And I hope I experience that real unconditional love and acceptance from someone else before I die.

How about you? Do you want the same authentic love and acceptance? It has to begin within us, and hopefully through the grace of our Higher Power, we all will one day experience genuine love and acceptance from others as we have from our Higher Power and from ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Playing Favorites Destroys Families

If The Eyes Had No Tears, The Soul Would Have No Rainbow

The Prayer of a Codependent Maniac