Gently Release Unwanted Thoughts and Feelings



Thoughts and feelings are deeply connected. Bad thoughts often prompt bad feelings, and sometimes bad feelings can lead to an avalanche of bad thoughts. Either way, we need to stop fighting unwanted thoughts and feelings.

Why? First, when we fight them, we give them power. The harder we fight them, the more power they gain over us. Second, there’s a reason why unwanted thoughts and feelings arise. We need to consider the fact that bad thoughts and feelings may surface because they want to be released from our systems. Sometimes these unwelcome visitors have been buried inside of us for years— and they want to be set free. And, of course, we want them to leave us.

They won’t leave if we fight them or emotionally medicate them away with our favorite addictive behavior. We have to just let them be until they pass through us and are released into nothingness. So now, when I’m faced with thoughts or feelings I don’t like, I simply let them be. I give them space, but I don’t allow them to have power over me because I don’t fight them.

I give them to my Higher Power, knowing that these thoughts and feelings simply want to be released. That’s there only purpose for being present. And I welcome their release from my being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Self-Sabotage Is Motivated by FEAR

No One Can Calm Your Codependent Crazies, But You

Always Detach With Love and Prayer from Unhealthy Partners and Friends