If You Don’t Like Who I Am, Find Someone Else to Manipulate



This quote needs to become the mantra of every codependent. Actually, it should be the mantra of anyone who is in recovery for any addiction.

Once we stop seeking the approval of others, we take our personal power back over our own lives. We don’t need people in our lives who want to remake us in their image and likeness, or who want to force their beliefs and opinions on us.

Anymore, I’m perfectly happy to watch that type of person “move along” right out of my life. I don’t want anyone around who thinks they have the right to judge me and force me to live my life as if I was him/her. I set boundaries. I’m me and I’m good with being me now. I don’t need to pretend to be different from my true self to please anyone, not even family members.

Besides, the more we stop bending and shaping ourselves to get the approval of people who want to manipulate and change us for THEIR good, the more time we’ll have to meet people who actually accept and like us just the way we are.

Comments

  1. I think this is one of the most significant Website. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing. For more amazing information you may get from this link How To Handle Someone else Uneasiness

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Playing Favorites Destroys Families

If The Eyes Had No Tears, The Soul Would Have No Rainbow

The Prayer of a Codependent Maniac