Success is Mine ‘Cause I’ve Got the Key!


The more I choose to accept and feel good about my REAL self, the happier I feel. I was just walking to dinner when I thought “I love me,” and a smile rose across my face like a sunrise. That’s never happened before.

Last week, I happened across an old song from 1979 called “Makin’ It.” The song was recorded by actor David Naughton (American Werewolf in London), and peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100. The lyric made me feel great inside:


“Makin' it, oo makin' it
I'm solid gold
I've got the goods
They stand when I walk
Through the neighborhoods
I'm makin' it
I've got the chance, I'm takin' it
No more, no more, Fakin' it
This time in life, I'm makin' it
Makin' it
Hello uptown, goodbye poverty
The top of the ladder is waiting for me
I'm makin' it,
I've got the chance, I'm takin' it
No more, no more fakin' it
This time in life, I'm makin' it
Makin' it, makin' it
Listen everyone here
This coming year's gonna be my year
I'm as bad as they come
Number two to no one
I've got looks, I've got brains
And I'm breakin' these chains
Make some room now
Dig what you see
Success is mine
'Cause I've got the key!




We all have a chance to be happy and successful. We need to take the chance. No more fakin’ it, or giving our personal power away to others. I especially like the line “dig what you see, success is mine, ‘cause I’ve got the key!” Not only do I have the key to success and happiness now, I’ve always had it. I just didn’t know it because I wrongly believed someone else had that key and was going to come along and rescue me. No wonder, as a codependent, I’ve made so many other people into my false Higher Power. I thought they had the key to my success and happiness.

Well, I don’t believe that anymore. I have the key to my happiness and you have the key to yours. God placed those keys in our hands and everyday God gives us new doors to open with that key. All we have to do is unlock the door, push past our fears and walk through every single door, knowing God has our back. That’s called personal empowerment, and nobody can stop us but us. And nothing can stop us but fear.

So I’m feeding my faith everyday and walking through every door. There’s nothing to fear except success, and I choose to no longer fear being successful or happy. How about you? The more you learn to accept and love yourself, the more empowered you will be by your Higher a Power to see that you, too, hold the key to happiness in your own hand. Go for it!

(P.S.- Apparently, “Makin’ It” was used in an episode of the old show “CHIPS.” So here it is in the above video. The top of the ladder is waiting for you. Success is yours. You’ve got the key!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Playing Favorites Destroys Families

If The Eyes Had No Tears, The Soul Would Have No Rainbow

The Prayer of a Codependent Maniac