What You Become Depends on What You Believe About Yourself



I’m choosing to believe I am wonderfully made by God, that I’m perfectly created despite my flaws (perfectly imperfect), and that there are blessings in every moment that are mine to experience— if I choose to do so.

Choosing to accept those blessings means living in the present moment, believing I’m deserving of all that is good, and knowing I can handle anything difficult if I simply rely on my Higher Power.

2018 is different from any other year of my life because I have consciously made these choices: 1) to accept myself as I am (not as I or someone else thought I should be); to live in the present moment instead of living in my head; to feed my faith in God, life and myself while starving my fear; to look for the good in every day, instead of looking for drama and chaos; and to be grateful for all that is good and bad in my life.

Being grateful for the good and bad is a huge step. I used to always focus on the negative and play the victim to the point that I was never really grateful for all of the good that has always been in my life. Now, I realize that every negative experience is a growth opportunity, not a reason to moan and grown “poor pitiful me” or “why does everything bad happen to me?”

In the past, I was a codependent loser because I believed I was a worthless person who was cheated out of all of the positives and success  that I perceived in others .

Today, I’m a joyful winner because I see that I’m equal with everyone. I’ve been cheated out of nothing by anyone, except me. I cheated myself by choosing to believe the worst about me. But NO more.

It’s true: “We are what we believe we are.” As long as we choose to believe we’re lesser than others the more we will become lesser to others. The more we focus on negatives, the more negatives we will draw into our lives. But if we choose to start believing we are worthwhile persons, equal to all others, we will empower ourselves to see just how truly worthwhile we are. And the more we focus on positives, the more good we will draw into our lives. Believe it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Playing Favorites Destroys Families

If The Eyes Had No Tears, The Soul Would Have No Rainbow

The Prayer of a Codependent Maniac