One Prayer, Two Miracles

I don’t know many people who want to have enemies. Likewise, I don’t know many people who actually pray for their enemies. And so is it any wonder that these people still have enemies? No. As long as I continue to consider someone to be my enemy, they will be. I will see to it through my attitude toward them. And it makes no difference if they started the fight. I am choosing to perpetuate it.

The solution is as simple as one small daily prayer: “Dear God, please soften the heart of (place name here) toward me, and please soften my heart toward him/her.” One prayer. Two miracles.

As I say this prayer, my heart begins to soften toward my enemy. When I next encounter him/her, I greet him/her with a softer, more positive energy. My softer, more positive energy encourages the return to me of a softer, more positive energy from my “enemy.” I notice the change almost immediately.

As the prayer and the positive energy continue over time, I find that I know longer have an enemy in this person. And I learn that I greatly determine who my friends and enemies are. More often than not it’s about my attitude toward someone. It’s about the space I’m in. It’s about who I project my negative, unresolved issues on to as opposed to owning them and managing them properly myself.

Of course, I can’t control how other people choose to project their issues on to me. But I can control how I choose to act. I don’t have to own anyone else’s issues, and I don’t have to take their acting-out personally. I don’t have to choose to make an enemy of someone who is just troubled and unaware of how to deal with their issues properly. Instead I can have empathy and compassion for them.

And I can pray for them; remembering “One prayer, two miracles.” In doing so, I free myself of enemies and I allow my soul to shine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Playing Favorites Destroys Families

If The Eyes Had No Tears, The Soul Would Have No Rainbow

The Prayer of a Codependent Maniac