Cardinals Appear When Angels are Near.

 


 
"It is common folklore that a visit from a cardinal represents a sign from a loved one who has passed. While this belief cannot be traced to a single origin, birds have often symbolized heavenly visitors, messengers to the gods, or even the gods themselves in feathered form. 
 
This belief has been part of ancient Egyptian, Celtic, Maori, Irish, and Hindu spiritualism, as well as the lore and legends of many Native American tribes, including the Ojibwe, Lakota, Odawa, Sioux and Algonquin."
 
-The Farmer’s Almanac
 
 
As I was walking along our side yard this afternoon, I came across two cardinal birds, a male and a female. I had been praying earlier and asked my parents in Heaven to help me work through and heal from the trauma and chaos in our household as I was growing up. They were not capable of helping when they were alive on this earth. They had no idea how to stop the trauma they felt and then spread around the house.

But, now that they are in the spiritual world, I thought to myself "I see no reason why they can't make amends for the trauma they caused and help me to heal from it through whatever spiritual means are available to them." There is no reason why they shouldn't be on my side now.
 
A few hours later, there were the two cardinal birds. I’m not superstitious, but there must be something to this. I’d like to think my parents heard and responded.
 
The experience lifted me out of a dark space that had been haunting me for two days. Suddenly, it made sense to me that God, my parents and I should be working together to help me love and accept myself as I am.

Anyone who is for us cannot be against us. Now that I have a better sense that God and my parents are for me, I need to work on myself. I am my biggest enemy, at least in the sense that I am the only person who has 24 hours a day to make me feel miserable.

My prayer now is "God, help me to accept the belief that I am worthy of all love, understanding and forgiveness. Help me to stop seeing the world as unsafe, filled with people who want to hurt me. Lift me out of my constantly being caught up in Flight-mode. I have no reason to flee from anyone. Help me to heal the hurt from the past that holds me hostage to the need to flee-- even when there is no actual threat of danger. Free me of my constant anxiety. Help me to join hands with You and my parents, so that together we can lift me up out of my fears and into the joys of living fully alive in this world. I am claiming the good that I deserve. Amen."
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Become the Person You Want to Spend Your Life With Everyday

Playing Favorites Destroys Families

If The Eyes Had No Tears, The Soul Would Have No Rainbow

The Prayer of a Codependent Maniac